Wednesday, June 22, 2011

French Vanilla French Toast

Check out my recipe for French Vanilla French Toast.  I just finished eating this, and it always hits the spot!  I tend to be an 'eyeball it' kind of cook, so if you feel you need a pinch more of this or a dash less of that, feel free to change it to suit you.



French Vanilla French Toast
(yields 4 pieces)

4 pieces Texas Toast (or other thick cut 'white' bread)
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 c milk (I use 1%)
2 Tbsp French Vanilla Coffee Creamer
1 tsp Cinammon
1 tsp Sugar

Mix eggs, milk, creamer, cinammon, and sugar together.  I like to mix this in a deep plastic sandwich container, this gives a great size and depth to dip your bread!  Dip the bread into the egg mixture, the longer the bread is in the mixture, the more it will absorb.  After both sides are coated, put the bread in a pre-heated medium heat non-stick skillet.  Cook each side until it is golden brown and does not appear shiny or wet.  Serve with your favorite topping, I like maple syrup!

1 comment:

  1. I am not a French toast eater but I am thinking my hubby and son would love this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete