Monday, June 20, 2011

Magical Pepperoni Pizza

So this is a super simple recipe, and I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't know, but it's truly a simple and delicious (an inexpensive) recipe that is a repeat with us.

I used to have the problem with my crust being too gooey in the center and burnt on the edges, and always had to use a fork to eat my pizza until I figured out a magic trick. (don't worry, no pixie dust needed) Seriously, who wants to eat their pizza with a fork? The best part of pizza is the utensil free eatage!

Second best part- it's ready in 25 minutes flat.


Magical Pepperoni Pizza

Ingredients:
 (warning, we use tons of GV products around here.. if that offends you, I apologize ;)

9x13 pizza stone or cookie sheet
GV pizza dough
1 cup shredded cheeze
40 pepperoni slices
3 tbsp tomato sauce
Garlic/onion powder to taste, italian seasoning/basil to taste
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
1 tbsp EVOO

Instructions:
Prehead oven to 450 degrees and unroll dough onto pizza stone.
Press edges to side and fork prick holes across whole dough.

(WARNING: MAGIC TRICK!) Brush with EVOO and season with italian seasoning.
Pre-bake dough for 5-7 minutes. Remove from oven.


 Spread tomato sauce thinly over the pre-baked dough

Season with garlic and onion powder and basil to taste.

Sprinkle cheese evenly over sauce.

 Lay pepperonis evenly over cheese.
(usually I add bell peppers, onions, mushrooms at this point as well if we're feeling it)

Sprinkle 2 tbsp parmesan cheese over top

Bake @ 450 for 15-17 minutes or until crust is golden brown.

 Serve up and enjoy! (with your hands of course because your crust is crispy and delicious now!)

If you have any super duper top secret pizza magic tricks you'd like to share, leave them in the 'comments' section. We'd love to hear them!

3 comments:

  1. I will have to try this. We love doing pizza at home. I won't use GV probably but I think I can find something close :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Reba, I am sure Harps has something way better! ;)

    We GV it right now to try to save cash on groceries. Shopping experience wise, Harps is so much more enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete