Saturday, August 27, 2011

Spinach-Tomato Omelet

So recently I've only been a little preoccupied.. you know, with a new baby and all. But I HAVE been cooking... just not documenting it very well!

Jayme's recipes are getting rave reviews, and I must say, her Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread is DELICIOUS! I ate the four pieces she gave me in route home from her house.. they lasted maybe 5 minutes.

So, on to more cooki-ness!

Last week, I tossed together a few ingredients in my veggie bin, and was delightfully surprised with the outcome. It went something like this:
Spinach-Tomato Omelet

Ingredients:
1 cup spinach
1 clove garlic (minced)
6 grape tomatoes (halved)
2-3 eggs (beaten with a splash of milk)
1/4 cup shredded cheese
salt/pepper to taste

Directions
Beat eggs, salt/pepper and splash of milk and set aside. In a small pan sprayed with cooking spray, saute tomatoes and garlic. Add in spinach until it has wilted. Remove from the pan and set aside. Spray your pan again, and add in eggs. Prepare into an omelet. Lay mixture of spinach/tomatoes into one side of the omelet. Top with cheese then fold egg over onto itself. Cook for a few more moments until cheese is completely melted.

Remove from pan, and enjoy! This would also be tasty with bacon, Canadian bacon or even sausage!







So there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment